Glen Rock Car Accident Attorneys Represent Victims
New Jersey firm assists plaintiffs in claims arising from vehicle crashes
Approximately 60,000 people are injured every year in New Jersey car accidents, and the annual number of road fatalities usually tops 500 statewide, sometimes by a significant amount. If you’ve been seriously hurt in one of these vehicle collisions or have lost a loved one in an auto accident, you might be unsure about what to do next. Often, obtaining the relief you’re entitled requires a skillful attorney. At Feitlin, Youngman, Karas & Gerson, LLC in Glen Rock, we have secured substantial compensation for car accident victims for more than three decades.
Our lawyers know what to do because we have lived through hundreds of accidents with our clients. We understand how unsettling it is to deal with the fine print in an insurance policy and the discomfort of lingering injuries. You need to focus your energy on healing and rehabilitation so your life can get back to normal. Whatever your particular claim entails, we are determined to pursue all avenues of legal recovery so that you don’t suffer lasting economic harm.
While this all may be foreign to you, to us, it is second nature. Enforcing your rights is our business and our strength – whether that means holding an insurance company or another negligent driver accountable. Our job is to do everything within our power to make sure you receive full compensation and proper care. We can’t undo all the damage done by a sudden accident, but we will make sure you don’t face these difficulties alone and we will do our utmost to make sure that justice is done.
Major causes of car accidents
Factors that commonly contribute to car, truck and motorcycle accidents include:
- Drunk and drug-impaired driving — Most New Jersey drivers are considered legally intoxicated if their blood-alcohol concentration is .08 percent or higher. However, even if a motorist is not cited for DWI, their ability to drive safely might have been impaired by drinking or drugs.
- Failure to adjust to conditions — Winter weather, rain, sun glare and poor road conditions make operating a vehicle more difficult. Someone who fails to modify their driving in light of these hazards could be held liable for a crash.
- Driver fatigue — Drowsiness affects the reaction time of someone behind the wheel in the same way that alcohol does. When investigating a crash, we examine the facts to determine if driver fatigue contributed to the collision.
- Traffic offenses — Many auto accidents are triggered by traffic offenses such as speeding, running a red light and reckless driving. Cameras, in-car technology and physical evidence can show if a motorist committed a violation regardless of if they were ticketed by police.
- Smart phones and other distractions — A driver who turns their attention away from the road because they’re looking at their smart phone, eating or doing something else puts everyone at risk. Witness testimony and other evidence might be used to prove that the other driver was distracted right before impact.
Regardless of what led to your collision, you deserve an experienced injury attorney who understands how to maximize the financial recovery you receive in a lawsuit or insurance claim.
Claims under New Jersey’s “no fault” auto insurance system
New Jersey is a “no fault” auto insurance state, which means most drivers usually can only seek payment for collision-related damages from their own carrier. Your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) covers medical bills and lost wages stemming from the accident. However, in serious accidents involving the loss of a body part, disfigurement, permanent injury or death, direct action can be taken against the at-fault driver. Our firm will review the provisions of your policy and explain what your best option is given the facts of the crash. We also assist with Uninsured Motorist claims if the liable driver lacks sufficient coverage.
Speak with a New Jersey lawyer about your auto accident claim
Feitlin, Youngman, Karas & Gerson, LLC seeks compensation for car accident victims in litigation and auto insurance claims. For a consultation regarding your legal options, please call 201-468-0966 or contact us online. We are located in Glen Rock and serve clients throughout New Jersey.