Glen Rock Family Lawyers Help Clients Through Difficult Times
New Jersey firm handles divorces, custody disputes and other matters
Family law issues such as divorce, child custody arrangements and domestic violence allegations can be overwhelming. If you’re facing a domestic legal concern, it is critical to work with a seasoned lawyer who can help you sort through the complex emotional, financial and legal considerations associated with your unique situation. Kathy Karas-Pasciucco of Feitlin, Youngman, Karas & Gerson, LLC has been a North Jersey family law attorney for years and knows how to protect clients’ interests and help them move on with their lives with minimal turmoil and distress. Our Glen Rock attorneys draw on our mediation training to focus on negotiating equitable settlements and averting conflict whenever possible.
Attorneys advise on alimony, child support, domestic violence and bullying cases
Several different types of domestic situations might necessitate the assistance of a qualified New Jersey family law attorney. Our firm provides knowledgeable counsel on issues relating to:
- Divorce — Going through a divorce is rarely easy, but when you have an attorney capable of protecting your interests regardless of the circumstances, you can start the next part of your life with confidence. In settlement negotiations, mediations and trials, our firm pursues our clients’ objectives on issues relating to financial terms and parenting arrangements.
- Child custody — Nothing is more important than the well-being of young people, and we strive to establish child custody and parenting time plans that suit the particular circumstances of our clients’ sons and daughters.
- Alimony — In many marriages, one spouse earns all or most of the income, which means that a divorce could leave their partner struggling to make ends meet after a breakup. Courts can award alimony payments in these cases so that a dependent wife or husband is able to support themselves while the dissolution is pending and after the divorce is finalized.
- Child support — Parents who no longer live together due to a divorce, separation or the end of a nonmarital relationship are legally responsible for meeting their child’s financial needs. We represent New Jersey parents in initial child support proceedings, as well as legal actions to modify or enforce existing orders.
- Bullying — State law recognizes that bullying is not a trivial matter that children should handle among themselves. Persistent harassment could have serious physical, mental and emotional effects on a victim. If your child is being targeted, our firm’s extensive experience in this area can help you take decisive action to stop the mistreatment and obtain a suitable remedy for that harm that has occurred.
- Domestic violence — Many family law matters involve allegations of domestic violence. Whether you require an order of protection or have been accused of misconduct against someone close to you, our firm will safeguard your rights and advise you of your legal options.
We know that every family's circumstances are different and assess the legal and interpersonal dynamics of each situation carefully to determine the best possible legal strategy.
Helping clients navigate the family court system
The Family Division of New Jersey’s Superior Court handles matrimonial litigation, along with adoptions, custody proceedings, juvenile justice issues and other matters. These cases can become complicated, but regardless of your specific concern, we will help you understand the nature of your proceeding and what you can expect if you go to court. Family law often deals with complex issues that are best dealt with by both parties in a collaborative setting. When applicable, we seek peaceful ways to resolve the issues between the parties. Unfortunately this is not always an available strategy. If your case is contentious, we are experienced litigators and are able to advocate on your behalf to work towards the results you seek.
Contact a New Jersey family law attorney to set up a consultation
Feitlin, Youngman, Karas & Gerson, LLC in Glen Rock provides comprehensive family law counsel to New Jersey residents. If you are going through a divorce, are involved in a custody dispute or have another type of family law concerns, please call our Glen Rock office at 201-468-0966 or contact us online.